BIG STARPOINT GEMINI 2 UPDATE HIGHLIGHTED BY NEW FREELANCE MISSIONS
Haarlem, The Netherlands – November 18, 2014 – With more than 1,600 very positive user reviews on Steam, developer Little Green Men Games is stoked from the community feedback for its immensely popular space sim Starpoint Gemini 2 (PC). The title was released on September 26, 2014 after a hugely successful year in the Steam Early Access program. Since then, development has continued apace, resulting in today’s latest update, featuring new freelance mission types and an improved AI.
Update Highlights Are:
- ADDED: Station assault/defense freelance mission
- ADDED: Fire at Will HUD icon now blinks to be more visible when you’re attempting to use light weapons while Fire at Will mode is active
- ADDED: Ships and platforms now have new object markers to make them more distinct from other game objects
UPDATED: Drastically improved NPC AI behaviour
- They can now dynamically assess the situation and choose an according course of action.
- The choices they make differ on their faction and profession.
- Sets of abilities and items that have, until now been reserved solely for the player, are now also available for use to the AI
- NPCs can use skills
- NPCs can use equipment
- NPCs from different factions/professions make different choices
- Since we have opened up a lot of possibilities for the AI, we’ll keep a closer look on balance in combat and tweak things accordingly. AI improvements won’t stop here as well – you can expect further improvements in this area!
About Starpoint Gemini 2
The sequel to Starpoint Gemini is a tactical space simulator with tons of RPG depth! Players will captain their own space ship and roam the galaxy in 3D – space has never looked so inviting – but images can betray… It has been two years since the end of the second Gemini war, and the situation in the war-torn system is further from resolution than ever before.
- Complex, but easy-to-use RPG system, now coupled with dynamic real-time 3D combat
- Explore the dynamic game world as a whole, rather than through individual maps
- Use T-Gates, wormholes and rift ways to travel faster around the Gemini System
- Fifty diverse factions ranging from states and companies to outlaws, locked in a power struggle, with more than 100 commodities to trade or plunder
- Special revocable licenses acquired from factions offer various bonuses and unlock new options
- Hire mercenary captains to follow you on your travels and share your fate, and employ officers to fill key positions on your ship (engineering, navigation, tactical)
- Random missions get generated depending on the player’s actions and allegiances
- More than 70 unique ships, fully upgradeable with various ship systems, with, amongst other things, visible turrets, and a large arsenal of heavy weapons to blast enemies to pieces
- Direct ship controls create complete immersion
- Advanced physics provided by NVIDIA PhysX technology
- Enables modding through Steam Workshop
Starpoint Gemini 2 is available on Steam steamcommunity.com/app/236150 and via various other digital platforms. Publisher Iceberg Interactive sells the boxed version of the game in its online shop and includes a gorgeous art book and star chart map.
ABOUT LITTLE GREEN MEN GAMES
LGM Games is a team of highly motivated and talented programmers, writers, 3D and 2D artists, and animators sharing the same passion for video games. LGM Games made its first appearance in the gaming industry in 2011 with its debut title Starpoint Gemini, a space-flavored RPG sim.
ABOUT ICEBERG INTERACTIVE
Iceberg Interactive is an independent video game publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans and is located in Haarlem, The Netherlands. Iceberg has fully embraced the digital revolution of the past few years and maintains strong worldwide relations with most digital portals, while also keeping its roots in the European retail markets. Staffed with avid gamers, Iceberg works closely with an international assembly of game developers, both midsize and indie. Garnering attention with acclaimed releases over recent years in the genres of strategy, action, simulation and adventure, the company has an exceptional current line-up, including Endless Legend, StarDrive 2, Starpoint Gemini 2, Lords of the Black Sun, Vector Thrust and Starship Corporation – with further promising games in the pipeline.