ARK: Survival Evolved Tourney Winners Battle This Saturday
Seattle, WA – October 23, 2015 – Studio Wildcard has finalized today its most robust and impressive online multiplayer tournament ever, with 250-plus Survivors simultaneously battling to the death in this final chapter of the ARK: Survival of the Fittest 2015 competition.
Join Alex “Goldenboy” Mendez, Studio Wildcard’s Kayd Hendricks and Bikeman as they shoutcast “The Last Stand” tournament finale on ARK’s Twitch channel from 11 am-4 pm PST, Saturday, October 24. With 250-plus survivors, including 70 Twitch streamers such as Anthony, Ellohime, SeriousGaming, and Fairlight, and more than 160 qualifying contestants — players will wage all-out dinosaur warfare for a fantastic trophy and more than $75,000 in cash & prizes. Who will reign supreme among the best Survivors in the world and bring home the trophy? Thanks goes to tournament corporate sponsors including Cyber PC, NVidia, Logitech, and Nitrado.
“The Last Stand” Championship prizing includes:
- First Place Winning Tribe receives: $24,000 (split six ways)
- Second Place Winning Tribe receives: $12,000 (split six ways)
- Third Place Winning Tribe receives: $6,000 (split six ways)
- Each of “The Last Stand” entrants receives a $100 Steam Gift Card
- All three Championship Winning Tribes will receive an in-game Gold/ Silver/Bronze Trophy Structure Skin, customized with their Tribe details, for everyone to marvel at with envy!
Each ARK: Survival of the Fittest tournament has been modified with new creatures, life-threatening events, and more. Changes for “The Last Stand” include:
- Three Boss Creatures! At key points through the match, each Boss makes an appearance available for taming at the central platform. That includes the Broodmother, the Dragon, and the previously unrevealed Giant Ape, who can easily smash through forests and throw huge boulders to demolish survivors and their dinosaurs.
- Six Player Tribes: Stay in competition longer as extra-large teams have more chances to claim victory!
- Improved Competitive Game Balance! This time, you won’t advance by hiding in a box.
- Six New Evolution Events: The world-altering events are triggered by player-voting so that the audience can participate in the action!
- Acid Rain: Seek cover! This red-tinted rain won’t quench your thirst, but it will chew through your armor and slowly sap your Health!
- I Love You, You Love Me: Mate-Boost effects are doubled! An ideal time to launch your assault with gender-paired creatures, but be careful about wild mates, as they can be extra dangerous.
- Hail to the King: A powerful explosive item is dropped at every player’s position… use it wisely!
- Food of the Gods: This extra-special Mega Loot crate contains instant-taming Feed.
- Secret Events: And two more “Secret” Events that will revealed specifically during the Championship match!
ARK was among the top five selling titles for its first four months in Steam’s Early Access and continues to maintain a solid position in the top 10 sellers, with more than two million copies sold on Steam. Developed by Studio Wildcard, in conjunction with Instinct Games, ARK: Survival Evolved will launch in June 2016 on Xbox One via the ID@Xbox program, PlayStation®4 with Project Morpheus support, and full release on Steam PC. The game is currently in Steam’s Early Access program and includes Oculus Rift VR support and an integration of Steam community features such as Steam Economy and Steam Workshop for custom maps and mods. Players can host private/LAN servers and have access to a custom-built version of the Unreal Engine 4 Editor for creating mods. The world of ARK is designed to be modder-friendly and ever-expanding!
ABOUT STUDIO WILDCARD
Studio Wildcard was co-founded in 2014 by Jesse Rapczak, former Technical Art Director at Microsoft Game Studios, with the mission of bringing AAA quality to ambitious indie productions designed for core gamers. With 12 years of industry experience across multiple independent and studio-backed titles, Jesse has teamed up with other veteran developers for a Seattle, WA-based development studio that also includes distributed team members across multiple continents. Wherever talented, driven developers may reside, Studio Wildcard intends to seek out and work with them!
ABOUT INSTINCT GAMES
Instinct Games is Egypt’s leading game development studio. Started in 2011 by former Timeline Interactive co-founders, the Instinct Games team develops and produces video games on all major platforms utilizing its competent technical team. Its mission is to collaborate with world class partners to foster Egypt’s video game development ecosystem and set a precedent of high quality, low cost, entertaining indie games with worldwide appeal.